Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This is what celebration looks like...

Sheer awesomeness. I watched the whole game online yesterday morning, and had tears in my eyes at the finish watching Roy and his boys enjoy the win they'd worked hard for all season. I felt pride watching my alma mater win it all, and revel in the memories of the 2008-2009 season. And then I enjoyed watching video of thousands of Carolina fans, some of them friends of mine still in university there, celebrating the win on Franklin Street just minutes after the final buzzer. The atmosphere of Franklin Street after a Carolina win is electric; you can feel the blue run through your veins and energize you in a way that I can't explain. You have to BE there to know. With all of my heart I wished I could have been out on Franklin Street celebrating with my friends yesterday, but I know they know I am there in spirit. The Carolina family stretches a long way, across the US and around the world.

This is what celebration looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails