Friday, October 29, 2010

Application Recommendation: Naver Browser App

A new feature for my blog:  application recommendations for iPhone and iPod users.


Since getting my iPhone 4 last month, I've enjoyed downloading many new applications to entertain, educate, and help me in my day-to-day activities in Korea.  I want to recommend a cool application that's available for both iPhone and iPod touch.  With the newest iPod touch 4th generation just released in Korea (and boasting two cameras and an external microphone, as well as the ability for geo-location services), many apps that would only work for iPhone are now open to iPod touch users.

The Naver browser app has a voice search option, a bar code scanner, and a music search service.  This service is just like SoundHound or Shazam, but it identifies Korean music.  My SoundHound app has a lot of trouble with non-English songs, so Naver's app comes in handy when I'm out and I hear a song I like.  It brings up all the information on artist, song title, lyrics, and even does a web search on related links to that song.

The app is very cool to use, although it can sometimes have a few hiccups with identifying music or data if the network is overloaded, or if the sample you're trying to identify isn't clear enough.  With more updates in the future, these minor bugs could be worked out.

You can check out the app here.  And it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails