Thursday, January 29, 2009

When it starts to feel like home...

After a while in Korea, after the culture shock wears off and you find yourself becoming accustomed to how life works on the other side of the world, you can start to realize there are a lot of things to really like about Korea. Sure, there are still some things that might drive you nuts or have you complain, but for the most part it's a pretty awesome experience, made sweeter by good coworkers and great friends outside of school.

Time tends to fly by here when you're having fun exploring and trying new things. It seems that the weekends and breaks are never long enough to do everything that you want to do!

Now, coming up on the end of my year in Korea, I knew well enough that after the last 11 months, I need at least another year to see what else I can experience in this country. Not to mention all the other parts of Asia around me I have yet to explore and hope to at some point soon: Japan, Vietnam, Thailand. With that in mind, I have decided to stay in Korea for another year and try my hand at teaching older students this time around. I will be teaching in Gwangju again, at an academy with a friend of mine. And I am looking forward to a lot more memories to be made this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails