Monday, March 4, 2013

The Final Stretch

It is now March, and not only is spring starting to make its way to Korea, I've entered the final stretch of my time here.  This past weekend was a long weekend due to the March 1st Independence Movement holiday.  That same day coincidentally marked 5 years in Korea for me.  In celebration, I headed into Seoul to meet Gail and Travis for a jam-packed and fun weekend.  It was a weekend full of food, good conversations, and new experiences.  I always enjoy getting to head to Seoul and enjoy some different food from the norm.

One of the highlights of our trip was a visit to the Tim Burton exhibit at the Seoul Metropolitan Museum of Art.  This exhibit has been making a trip around the world to different museums, and is concluding its tour in Seoul.  There were even some special additions made available to just the Seoul leg of the tour, from what I was reading online!  It was amazing to get to see Tim Burton's ideas from the time he was a child to today.  There were lots of pictures on display with ideas that I don't think had even been put into reality onscreen yet.  The coolest part was the room with actual memorabilia and models from all of his popular movies.  You could see the cowls that were used in Batman, the costume worn by Johnny Depp in "Edward Scissorhands", or the models for the creatures in "Beetlejuice".  It was well worth the trip.  If you're interested in checking it out, the exhibit runs until April 14th.

***

Today was the first day back at school after spring vacation.  I only have 19 more days at my school before I leave; and 27 days left in Korea.  It's weird to think about, being on the home stretch of things, but I am trying to keep everything in stride and get things done.  The last month or so of a contract is usually spent packing, getting rid of unnecessary things, closing out accounts, and saying goodbyes.  I don't want my goodbyes to be an overly morose affair.  Rather, I'd like to say "see you later" as we never know where our paths will cross in the future.

Now off to go pack some more things...

2 comments:

  1. Five years!? Wow. I know how hard it was to see 2 years in BP come to a close, but you must be going nuts. My advice? Don't try and pack in everything, just enjoy your last bit of time there. Take in everything. Take a million extra pictures. Coming home is hard, but now you have another 'home' to visit again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. If it wasn't for the increasing difficulty of working in Korea, I'd love to stay for my friends and for the beauty of things I've seen. I'm trying my best to remember it the way I want to remember it, and hope that I'll be able to visit again someday!

    ReplyDelete

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails