Monday, August 15, 2011

The End of a Trip and Returning Home

As much fun as it is to travel, nothing is better than returning to your home base after a trip.  After spending time in hostels, hotels, others' homes, or camping outside, coming back to your own place gives you the chance to kick back and relax without worrying about infringing on anyone else's space.  You don't have to worry about waking anyone up with your differing schedules, walking in on someone in the showers, or figuring out where to go and what to do next.  There is a certain comfort to coming back home after being away, no matter where your home may be.

I think about all the things I have on my to-do list once I return to my apartment in Korea, including cleaning, laundry, and uploading all the pictures from my time in Sydney--and while it may seem overwhelming, it actually comforts me to think about my normal routine.  I look forward to getting back to streets I'm familiar with, a kitchen in which I know where everything is located, my favorite coffee shop, spending time with friends, time for quiet hobbies, and so on.  Even though returning means that vacation is almost over and almost time to go back to school, I don't worry about that.  I've enjoyed my time away from my regular life to go and experience new things.  By the time I get the antsy travel bug again, it will be winter vacation and the perfect chance to check out more of Asia.  I've checked off a new continent and city on my bucket list, and look forward to my next opportunity to do so.

For most, Korea is a place that is traveled to en-route to other destinations in Asia.  But for me, right now, it's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails