Thursday, February 5, 2009

Carolina in My Mind

I've been putting together my presentation this week for my GIC talk this weekend on "Basketball, Barbeque, and the Blue Ridge Parkway." In the process, I've been finding all these pictures that depict places and things I know from back home, and I get a little nostalgic--and homesick--looking at them. It's hard to see things so familar when you're 7000 miles away from it and making your way in a foreign country so unlike what you're used to previously. But I know I made the right decision coming here for this adventure, just as I know in my heart that staying another year will be good for me too. The colors, smells, tastes, and people I know back home will still be waiting when I decide to return. And for now, I can still appreciate them in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails