Friday, July 4, 2008

I wanna know...have you ever seen the rain?

Well, I've seen lots of it lately. 'Tis the season for monsoon weather, and typhoons, so lots and lots of rain. The monsoon season typically starts here around the last week of June/first week of July and runs through the end of July/beginning of August. So in theory, about a month of heavy rain...day after day. On the rare occasion it isn't rainy or threatening rain, then it is humid and muggy with all the precipitation in the air just waiting to fall. It reminds me a lot of the humid summer weather that we know and love in North Carolina, so I feel right at home. (You're not missing much here!) It makes me very happy I brought my rain boots with me, since I knew how things could get here.

It is frustrating, though, when you want to get out and do things but are hindered by bad weather. It's hard to go sightseeing or browsing in the city when it's raining cats and dogs all the time! (And it seems that most of the rain conveniently falls on the weekend, grr.) With all the grey cloudy days we've had lately, all you feel like doing is curling up inside with a book or the TV and being lazy for the day.

And then I hear it will be even hotter after monsoon season is over in August...something pleasant to look forward to, right? Oh yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails