Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy New Year (and some new news)!

No, you're not having flashbacks. This week is the Korean & Chinese New Year, so people have a few days off from school/work and get to celebrate with their families. This is the year of the Rat, by the way.

I got an email yesterday saying that my last document had made it to Korea safely, and now the visa process can commence. Of course, it will be a little offset by the fact that the government is shutting down for the Korean New Year, so it will probably be next week till I get the number back, as things will be shut down for the rest of the week there (and here). But the good thing is that things are falling into place. And now I have a new departure date. It's tentative, so it could be sooner, but I'm definitely going to be leaving by February 22nd. That's two weeks from this Friday. I know, it's definitely soon, which makes me nervous, but you guys know it's been a long time coming...at least waiting for it, right? I still don't have flight info, but I should have that next week too. I hope. I'll keep you updated.

And now also commences the flurry of supply shopping, clothes sorting, packing, and saying my goodbyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails