Monday, November 5, 2012

One Month Post-Surgery Check-up

On Friday after school, I headed up to Gangnam to visit Dream Eye for my one month post-surgery check-up.  I can't believe it's already been a month since my surgery, but time flies.

I've been wondering about the difference in my eyes lately; my left isn't as strong as my right and has a little blurriness.  Naturally that was the first question I asked once I arrived for my exam.  

After checking my corneas, Dr. Lee showed me that there are still some dry spots on my left eye that are causing the blurriness, which will subside after a few more months.  He also said that it will take a few more months for my corneas to smooth out completely, which will allow for crisp vision.  But my eyes are healing well for a month past surgery, so that is good news, and I feel better about my progress.

When it came to my vision test, I learned that my left eye is holding steady at 20/20 and my right eye is now at 20/15.  That was a nice surprise.  In a few more months time, Dr. Lee tells me I'll be able to really see the difference in my vision change as my corneas finish smoothing out and healing.  By then, my left eye could also be seeing 20/15.  

With the weather getting chillier and the heat coming on, I have to be more careful to keep my eyes from drying out.  For when I'm at home,  I bought a small humidifier to keep close to my bed and run it at night while I sleep.  That's when my eyes end up the driest.  So far it has helped a great deal; no more eyelids sticking to eyeballs when I wake up, and thus, less discomfort.

I have another appointment at the end of November, which will mark the two month check-up time.  We'll see how things have progressed then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails