Monday, July 4, 2011

Making progress...

Started my countdown to vacation, less than 3 weeks left!  Got the air ticket booked, working out the visa, and figuring out accommodation for my layover.  Headed to Australia for sightseeing in the land down under from July 24th.  Super excited to be traveling to a whole new continent, and seeing new places! This trip will mean I've been on 4 of the 7 continents, with only Africa, Antarctica, and South America left to go.  I never thought in my life I would get to travel like this, but I intend to enjoy every minute of it.  Going to be hanging out with my friend Chris from Aussie on the Road and exploring the streets of Sydney.

Got an overnight layover in Kuala Lumpur, so I will most likely be sleeping in their international terminal hotel before the second leg of my trip.  Flying on Malaysia Air, which will be interesting to see how it compares to Korean Air, Asiana, or Japan Air.  Asian airlines tend to have better customer service and amenities than Western (namely American) counterparts.

The biggest obstacle at the moment is getting through the 2.6 weeks of school left.  The students have finished their major tests, so now their brains are starting to take a vacation--although I can't say I blame them.  But trying to keep attention fresh in class is more of a chore than usual, and not helped by the rising temperatures outside.  Any day that it is sunny and a break from monsoon season means students will stare enviously at their peers playing outside, wishing it were them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails