Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Today was a great opportunity for a lazy Sunday.  Saturday was a busy day, culminating in the monthly foreigner/Korean dinner in downtown.  We went to Nolboo Bossam with a group of about 30 people.  Van and I met some new people from all around the globe, and we enjoyed some delicious boiled pork and BBQ roast duck with plenty of side dishes.  While the others went on to hang out at the German bar, we decided to get some ice cream at the new Coldstone Creamery downtown.

After that, I came home, put on some comfy clothes, and settled in to watch "When In Rome" and a few episodes of "The Vampire Diaries."  The movie was very cute and funny, and "The Vampire Diaries" is my current TV show of choice.  Now that all of the shows I like to watch are on summer hiatus, it's the perfect time to download all the season's episodes and catch up.  I decided to give "Vampire Diaries" a whirl after hearing a lot about it, and was curious.  The show is based on the book series of the same name by L.J. Smith.  But this is not like "Twilight" or its sequels.  This show is a lot edgier and darker than "Twilight."

It was nice to sleep in today.  I took a morning bike ride through my neighborhood before it got too hot, and explored some new territory.  Then there was a leisurely brunch before getting showered and going to the hair salon.  I desperately needed a new haircut, so I knew I couldn't be too lazy about that.  I also stopped in to window-shop at the bookstore nearby to see what was new before heading home.

Later, I took another bike ride around to see how long it would take to go to Homeplus.  It takes about 30 minutes when you factor in the wait time at traffic lights, but not too bad.  It wasn't overly hot so the ride was pleasant.  I picked up the few things I needed for my dinner and headed home with the twinkling lights of buildings all around me.  I tried making a new dish tonight:  sesame peanut chicken with couscous.  It turned out well for the first try, but I made some notes on how to alter the recipe for next time.  All in all, it was a good weekend, and a nice relaxing day.  Sometimes you just have to slow down and not "balli balli" all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails