Friday, January 8, 2010

So close, yet so far...

I wrote a post a little while ago about the IPhone coming to Korea.  It arrived in November, and since then has sold over 200,000 units through KT and Show/Qook.  Of course, if you're a foreigner, it is extremely difficult to obtain one of these shiny new toys.  This article from Korea Times explains in more detail why the IPhone is so elusive to foreigners.

I really enjoy my IPod touch, and for the longest time, whenever a Korean friend or coworker would catch sight of it, asked "Cell phone?"  Unfortunately not.  I wouldn't mind having an IPhone, as it has a few more bells and whistles than my IPod, but jumping through hoops isn't exactly the most fun way to obtain it.  For now, though, I think I'll just admire (and be a little jealous) from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails