Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kids will crack you up sometimes

So while some of my students just make me want to bang my head against the wall, there the others that make me crack up with laughter with what they do in class. Take for instance the kindergarten student I had today who walked out of class to get water with her dress up over her head. Don't ask me why, I know it is hot today in Korea, but why?

Or my "Me Me Monkeys." This is a term I borrowed from a fellow teacher here in Korea; Lindsay had it right with her description here. I have some of my own Me Me Monkeys in my 3 pm class, a bunch of rowdy kids fresh out of the kindy program at my school. Every time I ask the question "Okay, who wants to read?," I get a bunch of kids jumping up and down, screaming "ME ME ME ME TEACHER ME!!!" Add to that their waving arms and emphatic yells, I feel like I'm at the primate exhibit at the Asheboro Zoo! I should try to get a video of it sometime if I can.

That and a video of this crazy dance we do in the morning with our kindergarten kids. It's like all the worst party dances rolled into one; just that tacky. The little kids love it, but there is no way that this will catch on back home in the States--for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails