Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Pissingly Good Time

One part of the many activities that we do with the kids at Wonderland is a monthly field trip. This month, the field trip was to the Gwangju Postal Center, where all the mail for the city is picked up, sorted, and sent out. I can't imagine how this would be interesting to a group of kindergarten students, though...the video they showed us after our arrival had little to engage the kids, so they got more than a little squirmy and restless. Plus, on our walking tour of the facility, there were way too many dangerous looking machines that the kids wanted to touch. It could have been bad news.

But all went well, and we got the kids outside to play around in the sun for a bit before heading back to school. My sole boy, Paul, came up to me asking to go to the bathroom. While I was looking around for the head teacher to ask him the location of the bathroom, Paul decides that he can't wait any longer, so he just whips it out and pees on my shoe. What a moment. And apparently every teacher has one of those moments in their first few months teaching here...I just might have gotten mine out of the way early. It was definitely mortifying, even though no real damage was done and I was able to wash my shoe later.

The joys of working with young kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails